Sunday, January 7, 2007

Let's get started

I am going to try not to repeat my profile, but at the same time I am still wanting to give a little piece of history on myself. I am, once again, and esthetician. I have been for several years, and like every newcomer to an industry I had growing pains. First of all, I had a little resistance from my family as they really would like to have seen me become an accomplished doctor. I chose to be in the beauty industry, and I am fully capable of other feats in my life, however I am completely satisfied with what I do. How lucky am I? There are alot of people working because they have to and not because they want to. Second of all, as I like to say to my students, one cannot pick up a guitar and be Jimmy Hendrix it takes time and practice to achieve excellence. That is very much what it is like to look at someone and just know the eyebrow shape they should have, or the foundation color that would best suit them, or have consistency in artificial nail shaped. Time and practice, like everything in life, is of the essence. EDUCATION in this industry is also key. It is the porthole to excellence, and expertise. It is the difference between ignorance which is bliss, and knowledge which is power.

No comments: